Ideal for lunch, punchy Italian herbs mean this meaty salad is jam-packed with flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 250g orzo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 large red pepper, cored and diced
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bunch basil (leaves only) chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 80g feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the orzo and cook until 'al dente' (approx. 8-10 minutes). Drain well and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat until hot. Season the chicken with salt and pepper before adding to the pan, sautéing until cooked through (approx. 6-8 minutes).
- Stir in the red onion and dried herbs and then set aside to cool.
- Drain the orzo and place in a mixing bowl with the pepper, cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Divide between bowls and serve with a sprinkle of feta and a garnish of basil leaves.