Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer).This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Dave Whelan Sports Ltd uses this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
We collect information from visitors to this website www.dwfitnessfirst.com. In general, you may visit the site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about you. Some examples of data collection and use is listed below:
- Personal information provided by you voluntarily for registration or other participation in any available online interactive activities, data collected could include first and last name, telephone number, email address and other similar information
- We will collect information about your tastes and preferences, both when you tell us and by analysis of customer traffic, including using "cookies"
- We will collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) to improve your onsite experience
- We will aggregate some of the data collected to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc.
- It may be that some of the personal information you give us (for example, about your health and age) is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998. Such information ("sensitive information") will only be disclosed with your express consent
- It may be that you provide us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in making payment to us. Any such information (confidential financial information) will be disclosed only in accordance with the disclosure policy below
- We may use personal information collected about you to help us develop the layout of our website to ensure that our site is as useful and enjoyable as possible
- We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functions on our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use
Data capture info
We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your call or enquiry further.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 0208 618 3100.
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We may provide aggregate statistics about sales, customers, traffic patterns and information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you.
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. Please write to us at the following address to obtain a copy of the personal information DW Sports Fitness Ltd holds about you: Dave Whelan Sports Ltd, Whelco Close, Enfield Street Industrial Estate, Pemberton, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN5 8DB enclosing your postal details. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £10 for any such request.
Internet based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.