The most important meal of the day served up in a more delicious way!
These peanut butter pancakes make for a perfect summertime breakfast because they’re super easy to make and packed with protein. You can even make them as a tasty treat following an evening workout, which you can tuck into while enjoying the evening sun.
Image courtesy of iFoodReal
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup quick or rolled oats
- 2 scoops (46 g) plant-based protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Blackberries (for topping)
1. Blend all ingredients (other than the coconut oil) in a food processor until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
2. Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet on low to medium heat. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat the pan. Pour batter into 3 even amounts and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the top of the mixture is no longer liquid.
3. Flip each pancake onto the other side and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Serve hot with fresh blackberries scattered on top, or any toppings that you'd prefer.
Still got an appetite for more? Check out some other quick and healthy recipes here.