The most important meal of the day served up in a more delicious way!
These peanut butter pancakes make for a perfect summertime breakfast because they’re super easy to make and packed with protein. You can even make them as a tasty treat following an evening workout, which you can tuck into while enjoying the evening sun.
Image courtesy of iFoodReal
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup quick or rolled oats
- 2 scoops (46 g) plant-based protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Blackberries (for topping)
1. Blend all ingredients (other than the coconut oil) in a food processor until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
2. Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet on low to medium heat. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat the pan. Pour batter into 3 even amounts and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the top of the mixture is no longer liquid.
3. Flip each pancake onto the other side and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Serve hot with fresh blackberries scattered on top, or any toppings that you'd prefer.
You can check out the original recipe at iFoodReal.com.
Still got an appetite for more? Check out some other quick and healthy recipes here.