Prawns are essentially little bits of goodness, filled with protein and fatty acids. This dish combines that with plenty of greens that are high in iron to keep you feeling awake and energised, while the lemon and basil gives it that fantastically fresh taste.
Why not tuck into a helping for a fresh taste of summer today?
- 2 tablespoons water (more as needed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely minced
- 450g fresh king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 450g asparagus; ends trimmed off, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
1. Place a large skillet on a medium heat. Add the water, garlic, and onion. Cook for about 1 minute or until the garlic and onions are fragrant.
2. Stir in the prawns, ginger, salt, black pepper, red pepper, lemon juice, and asparagus. Add another tablespoon of water If the onions and garlic absorbed all of the initial helping. Stir well to combine and cover for 2 minutes. Remove the cover, stir, and recover. Repeat this process until the prawns are pink and firm.
3. Stir in the lemon zest and fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy.
You can check out the original recipe at Skinny Ms.
Got an appetite for more delicious and nutritious recipes? Check out our full range of healthy meal recipes to make your meal planning more exciting.