A delicious and filling post-workout meal, this salmon and spinach lasagne is full of protein.
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large onion, diced
- 450g baby spinach, washed
- 2 small vine tomatoes, cored and diced
- 175g light cream cheese
- 10-12 lasagne sheets
- 400g skinless and boneless salmon fillet, diced
- 120g light cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan and gas mark 6) and grease a rectangular baking dish with some olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish set over a moderate heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, and sweat until softened (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Add the spinach and some salt, and allow it to wilt, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes and then stir in the cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Assemble the lasagne by alternating between the spinach mixture, the salmon, and the lasagne sheets in the baking dish; start and finish with a layer of lasagne sheets, however.
- Top the lasagne with the grated Cheddar before baking for around 40-45 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and the top is golden-brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand briefly before serving.