Ingredients (Serves 2):
For the masala
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- A sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
For the rest of the dish
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5cm chunk of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 150g raw king prawns
- Peeled juice of 1 lemon, to serve
- Cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- Mix all the masala spices together.
- Mix together the onion, garlic, ginger and two-thirds of the coriander and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Fry this paste in a little coconut oil for about 1 minute before adding the masala spices. Fry for a few more minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and cook for a further 10 minutes until thickened. You may want to add a splash of water if it becomes too dry.
- Stir your prawns into the mixture and cook until pink.
- Serve with rice, if desired, a scattering of fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
(Recipes taken from The Body Bible. Photography © Martin Poole.)