Try these protein-packed pancakes for breakfast sometime soon. They both delicious and filling, and made even better when served with fresh fruit, nuts and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- 1 banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- 8 almonds, a handful of strawberries, one kiwi and a pinch of cocoa to serve
- In a bowl mash the banana, add the eggs and then mix together. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Heat a spoonful of coconut oil (enough to coat) in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour two tablespoons of mixture into the centre of the pan to make the first pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 45-50 seconds until golden, flip over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate and continue to cook the rest of the mixture, one pancake at a time.
- Peel and slice the kiwi, chop the strawberries, and then add them to the top of pancakes. Lastly, (if using) sprinkle over the almonds and a little cocoa powder.