Food and fitness blogger Toni, who has a passion for healthy eating, shares with us her recipe for tasty beef koftas. Perfect for dinner with salad and a dollop of tzatziki, or cold as a snack or on a picnic, these meaty kebabs are both healthy and delicious.
- 400g extra lean beef mince (less than 5% fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 15g fresh parsley, or a large handful
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp of chilli powder (optional)
- Finely chop the onion and parsley, crush the garlic and place in a food processor (or in large bowl if using a hand blender) and blend together.
- Add the mince and spices, and then blend again until the mixture is well combined.
- Separate the mixture into 6 equally-sized balls.
- Insert a skewer into each ball and form the mixture into a sausage shape around and along the skewer.
- Grill or place on a griddle the skewers for about 4 minutes on either side (about 8 minutes total). They will need turning but not until the meat has sealed around the skewer inside.
- Serve with a fresh yoghurt and mint dip alongside a green salad.
You can read more from Toni on her blog.