Go big at breakfast and try these veggie-packed baked eggs – they're so simple to make!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g waxy potatoes, diced
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 120g white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 120ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 vine tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron pan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the potatoes, courgettes, mushrooms, and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté until just coloured, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and some salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour into the pan, adding the sautéed vegetables and the tomatoes at the same time.
- Bake until the frittata is puffed and golden-brown at the edges, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand briefly before serving with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.