Ingredients (serves one):
- 2 slices of rye or wholegrain bread
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1⁄2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 free-range egg
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Fresh berries and Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Slice the bread into halves and layer up the bottom halves with your almond butter and banana slices, then sandwich together with the top half.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, cinnamon and almond milk until fully combined, then soak both sides of your sandwiches until well coated and moist.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan then gently lay your sandwiches in to fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Plate up and top with fresh berries and a tablespoon of Greek yogurt, if you like.
(Recipes taken from The Body Bible. Photography © Martin Poole.)