BoxFit - MMA is a high intensity cardiovascular gym floor based class using a hybrid of boxing, kick boxing, grappling, ground and bootcamp drills. BoxFit – MMA hits home stress relief, sweat inducing calorie burn, muscular strength and a strong core.
The training programme is focused around 4 components that keep you on your toes:
- ‘Warm, Skills and Drills’- footwork, slips/ducks, shoulder and hip mobility, rotation and basic upper and lower body strikes ensuring the body is ready for the moves to come.
- ‘Combinations’ – expert instructor demonstrations leading to focus pad based boxing combinations.
- ‘Circuit’- great stations, heavy bags and boxing, kick boxing and ground combinations with fitness related exercises ensuring maximum reward for minimal time.
- ‘Finisher’- Exactly that, a 5 minute final round to finish your session off in style.
- ‘Cool & Stretch’- MMA related stretches are applied focusing on the areas that were worked to promote increases in their flexibility & mobility.
The rewards and benefits of MMA training are great, including increasing competency in a skill, an exercise discipline that is also classed as a sport and rewards & benefits such as enhanced cardiovascular fitness, improvements in body composition, strength and hand-eye co-ordination as well as decreasing stress.
MMA is a sport and form of exercise that works across all 3 planes of movement including frontal, sagittal and transverse. As a result of this MMA acts an incredible full body workout that ensures you are using your core at all times. The increase in recruitment of muscle fibres being used in this training mean that you get stronger and leaner at a quicker and more efficient pace than you would with other traditional types of cardio and weights training that concentrate mainly on the two frontal and sagittal planes of movement. You also burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a BoxFit – MMA workout than you would after a steady state exercise session.