Soca Skip Power Workout® is a complete fitness programme that combines a variety of skipping techniques, dynamic stretches, sit-ups, press-ups, squats and many other conditioning exercises. It is a low impact, high intensity programme that can burn up to 1300 calories in a one hour session. Class participants use skipping ropes, yoga mats and sometimes we include light weights and bands. It is a fun workout to lively and energetic Caribbean Soca Music.
- Guaranteed to increase stamina and flexibility.
- Helps improve cardio-respiratory (heart and lungs) function.
- Increasing energy to the body.
- Improves coordination, balance and rhythm.
- Skipping burns twice as much calories in a 10-minute session than any other fitness programme and is 40% upper body and 60% lower body workout. As a total programme it helps tone the body, the thighs, hips, Gastrocnemius (calves) and the gluteus maximum (bottom). By engaging your arms and wrist throughout the workout, the biceps, triceps, deltoids, chest and abdominus muscles achieve greater results. The jumping techniques in skipping also helps the body's energy system to work more efficiently.