Are you ready for the challenge?
Fit Brit is back again for the 10th year running. There are three categories this year, with the Individual Open (<40yrs), Masters (+40yrs on the day of the final) and a Partner event (any age, and gender mix).
It’s the ultimate test of speed, strength and stamina, requiring you to perform eight different exercises back-to-back in the fastest time possible at any one of our gyms. For teams, each partner takes it in turns, alternating between the exercises. You can take part in this year’s Fit Brit challenge in all Fitness First and DW Sports gyms, even if you’re not a member, by signing up for a 3 day free pass below.
A member of the team will be on hand to guide you through each exercise and record your time, so all you need to concentrate on is the challenge. Upload your time (leaderboard coming soon!) by Friday 26th October and the fifty fastest men's, women's and teams' times will be entered into our Fit Brit final which will take place in November.
Share your results on social media with the hashtags #FitBrit and #Risetothechallenge
1. 800M RUN
- Start on stationary treadmill
- Timer starts when speed is selected and enter button is pressed
- Incline 0%
2. 30 SINGLE ARM KETTLEBELL SWINGS
Male 20kg / Female 12kg
- Kettlebell swings up to shoulder level with straight arms
- Kettlebell must be stood up before moving on
3. 30 VIPR LOG PRESSES
Male 20kg / Female 12kg
- Straddle Deck and position ViPR on one shoulder
- Squat to the depth of the Deck
- Extend knees and hips, thrust ViPR over your head and land on the opposite shoulder
4. 500M ROW
Drag factor 130-140
- Pre-set 130-140 drag factor before challenge and keep feet strapped in throughout
- Stop timer when 500m has been reached
5. 20 INCLINE HAND WALK PRESS UPS
- Start in prone position
- Travel up to the Green Plyo Box, complete a chest to box press up
- Travel back down to the floor and repeat.
6. 20 SAND BAG OVERHEAD THROWS
Male 25kg / Female 15kg
- Grasp the Sand Bag by the middle handles
- Throw the bag over your head extending at the hips and knees, turn 180 degrees and go again
7. 10 BURPEE BOX OVERS
- Chest to floor burpee with hand release
- Jump or step on to the plyo box ensuring both feet hit the top and jump off the other side
- Turn 180 degrees and complete the same again
8. 30 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
- Sprint your way to the finish
- Clock stops when 30 calories is displayed
TAKE THE CHALLENGE WITH A 3 DAY PASS
DW Fitness First are offering you a 3 day pass to take the Fit Brit challenge in club, complete your details below to receive your pass
Find a club near you